The Part-Time Professor of the Year Award was created in 1996 in recognition of the contribution of the members of the Association of Part-Time Professors of the University of Ottawa (APTPUO) to university education. Sponsored by the University of Ottawa, the Alumni Relations Office, and the APTPUO, the Award consists of a $2,000 honorarium to be conferred during the special lecture given by the recipient.
Members of the Association of Part-Time Professors of the University of Ottawa (APTPUO).
Members are Part-Time Professors currently teaching or having taught one or more courses at the University of Ottawa during the last 24 months.
Excellence in teaching and the candidate's contribution to university life will be taken into account as selection criteria.
- Except for members of the Selection Committee, any member of the University community may nominate a candidate.
- The nominator must include a letter outlining the candidate's exceptional contributions to university teaching.
- Candidates may nominate themselves and submit their application with a cover letter outlining their contributions to university teaching.
Part-Time Professors submit their candidacy at the APTPUO's office.
The candidate's file should contain the following documents:
- a current CV
- a letter of recommendation from the chair of the candidate's department or school
- a letter of recommendation from the dean
- one or more letter of recommendation from students
- teaching evaluations from the last two years of teaching at the University of Ottawa
- any other relevant documents
The Selection Committee looks at the files received and choose the recipient of the Award.
The Selection Committee consists of:
- two members of the APTPUO
- two members appointed by the Vice-President, Academic of the University of Ottawa
- one member of the Alumni Relations Office
Nominations must be submitted to APTPUO no later than 16 October 2015.
For more information please contact the APTPUO's office at Contact Us.