The "Let's Keep Education Public" Week is a series of events planned and sponsored by unions representing students or workers of the University of Ottawa.
The Association proudly supports this initiative and will co-sponsor the panel on "Public Education for the Public Good". Other events include workshops, a lecture and a film screening.
Details of the event co-sponsored by the APTPUO
Panel: "Public Education for the Public Good" and Social
Panel guests will present on the need to fight neo-liberal attacks on the fundamental direction of public education and research. A social will take place after the panel. Event sponsored by GSAED and APTPUO.
- Anaïs Elboujaini: Graduate Student Rep on the uOttawa Board of Governors
- Vanessa Hunt: Deputy Chairperson, Canadian Federation of Students
- Erika Shaker: Director Education Project, Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives
Where: Cafe Nostalgica
When: Thursday, February 27th, 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
A social will take place after the panel. Event sponsored by GSAED and APTPUO.
- Workshop: “Student-to-faculty ratios: More than just bums in seats” (24 FEB, 4-5:30PM, DMS12110)
- Workshop: “Perish Citation Counts, Publish What Matters” (25 FEB, 11:30AM-13PM, DMS12110)
- Public lecture: “Austerity, the Attack on Public Employees, and the Corporatization of Education” (26 FEB, 7-9PM, DMS12102)
- Film Screening: Carré rouge sur fond noir (28 FEB, 5:30PM, Café Nostalgica)
Schedule of the week
The full schedule and description of activities are available here:
- In PDF format: http://www.aptpuo.ca/images/pdf/KeepEducationPublicfinal.pdf
- On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1446712768896448/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming
- In the Calendar section: http://www.aptpuo.ca/en/news/calendar/week.listevents/2014/02/27/-