Remember that the deadline to submit a general application is Tuesday, March 31 2016 in accordance with Article 5.6.4 of the Collective Agreement.
General applications are considered by the University when no qualified candidates have applied for a specific course or when they need to hire a part-time professor at the last-minute. Following the last round of bargaining, the Association successfully negotiated that members who submit a general application before 31 March of each year as per Article 5.6.4, regardless of whether they teach a course, shall continue to maintain their membership status and seniority points.
How to file a general application:
- choose the "Apply without posting" option on the main postings page (or visit the website);
- log in;
- select a session;
- select the appropriate Faculty and Academic Unit;
- indicate the number of courses you wish to teach in a session in the box;
- update your record of employment under Teaching UO and/or Other Teaching tabs;
- submit your application and C.V.;
- repeat for every academic unit for which you would like to teach and for each session.
You can also check the box “To submit a general application prior to March 31st, please check this box” under the “Job Postings” tab when submitting a general application before March 31st 2015. This application is considered as a general application. For more information, please visit our website.
Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 6:00 p.m.
Faculty of Social Sciences Building
120 University Private, 4th floor
Dinner will be served at 5:30p.m.
The current collective agreement expires on 31 August 2016. Come and discuss the bargaining proposals that the Bargaining Committee has prepared for the upcoming round of negotiations with the University.
- Adoption of the agenda
- Adoption of minutes
- Discussion of APTPUO bargaining proposals